Search & Win
Page Ranking Tool Instagram

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eligible To Work

Hello, friends. I just wanna share another accomplishment that I have made this month. I received my Social Security Number this morning. My fiance and I went to Social Security Administration last Tuesday and applied for my Social Security Number. we arrived there at around 9:30 in the morning. There were a long line of people waiting for their numbers to be called.

At exactly 10:30 AM, my number was called and the interview did not take long. In less than 5 minutes, I was told by the person in charge of my application that they would be processing my SSN application and they will mail it within 10 days. Today is Thursday, and I received my SSN in less than 10 days.

I am under K1 Fiance visa. I was so glad that I am eligible to work here in the US, but of course, I have to inform SSA after my fiance and I got married. That time, I can also change my status.

If you are like me that is under K1 visa and you also wanna work when you get here in the US. All you need to submit to the SSA is your passport and your visa and your I-94. You will get your I-94 when you get here, so do not panic in asking where would you get that I-94.

After you applied for your SSN, you are now eligible to work.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding me in your blogroll :) I really appreciate it. I added your blog in my link page too ^_^

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,

    Congratulations to you! You'll surely have a great and exciting year because of that.

    Kudos and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning,
    congratulation to you,I really glad to hear that,you are eligible to work in America.I was thought,it's very difficult to live life and work there.you are Filipino,what about Indonesian person like me? easy to? and is there exception?best wishes for you, thanks.
    NB: I use my another blog address

    ReplyDelete