Hello, friends. I just wanna share another accomplishment that I have made this month. I received my Social Security Number this morning. My fiance and I went to Social Security Administration last Tuesday and applied for my Social Security Number. we arrived there at around 9:30 in the morning. There were a long line of people waiting for their numbers to be called.
At exactly 10:30 AM, my number was called and the interview did not take long. In less than 5 minutes, I was told by the person in charge of my application that they would be processing my SSN application and they will mail it within 10 days. Today is Thursday, and I received my SSN in less than 10 days.
I am under K1 Fiance visa. I was so glad that I am eligible to work here in the US, but of course, I have to inform SSA after my fiance and I got married. That time, I can also change my status.
If you are like me that is under K1 visa and you also wanna work when you get here in the US. All you need to submit to the SSA is your passport and your visa and your I-94. You will get your I-94 when you get here, so do not panic in asking where would you get that I-94.
After you applied for your SSN, you are now eligible to work.
About The Author
- Mabuhay! My name is Theresa. Thank you for stopping by. It is a pleasure to have you as a guest. Here are some few things to share about myself;
- I am a C.N.A by profession.
- .An animal advocate; my husband and I tries to help the animals in need to the best of our abilities.
- An aspiring sewist. I do my measuring in my head.
- Lastly, we have 15 cats at home. They are our babies.